Saturday, August 16, 2014

Just a thought...

So, I decided to reread the Twilight books (yes, that Twilight, those books) and then post my reviews/thoughts and overall impressions of my re-discovering the series here. 

What I can say, is that I feel Twilight has reached the status of similarly being "old news" and dare I even say legendary? For a trawl backward to see what made it so iconic in the first place. Now, the first book came out in '05, last book finished in '08, so that's been about six or so years (forgive me, my math is terrible!) ago. Pretty lengthy time, and I just felt the need to blow the dust off and compare how I look at the series now, being nearly out of college vs. how I looked at the series when I was in high school. 

I was an ardent-ish anti-Twi-hard back then. While I wasn't for burning the books (that's just a crime not even bad literature should suffer) or bashing Meyer online and declaring I would burn her house down or something stupid like that, I just thought the books were terrible. I attempted to read them, but I could never make it pass the first ten or so chapters. 

 Recently, I started the second book first, made it to the middle of the book, and then decided to pause and head back to the first. I enjoy the progression of a long story, seeing how it develops, what changes, etc.

It's for fun, I suppose, in the name of doing it for the experience and rounding out my dismal summer vacation with something vaguely constructive. What I could do is post my impressions of what I have read so far, though I wanted to finish the whole thing before moving on to the other books. 

No comments:

Post a Comment